Losing a pet is one of the most heart wrenching things a pet owner can experience. Even the most highly trained pets don't find their way back home. The American Humane Association estimates that over 10 million dogs and cats are lost or stolen in the U.S. every year. Did you know that 30-60% of lost pets in shelters are euthanized because they cannot be properly identified and returned to their owner? The best way to deal with a missing pet is to prepare for the possibility before it ever becomes a reality. One way to do this is the HomeAgain microchip, a safe and permanent form of pet identification.
The microchip itself is about the size of a grain of rice, and it is implanted under the skin by your veterinarian using a special applicator. The procedure is simple and similar to administering a vaccine or routine shot. The microchip contains a ten digit number specific to only your pet. It cannot be removed or altered. To protect your dog/cat with the HomeAgain Pet Recovery Service, we will enroll your pet in the program and activate your pet's profile. If your pet is lost, call 1-888-HomeAgain and alerts will instantly be sent to area veterinary clinics, shelters, and other members of the HomeAgain recovery team. If your pet is brought to a vet clinic or shelter and is scanned, the microchip will be read and HomeAgain will notify you of your pet's location. To date, HomeAgain is responsible for reuniting more than 1,000,000 lost pets with their owner!
The HomeAgain services don't end there! Along with the recovery system, registration and activation, HomeAgain offers:
• On-call support counselors to guide and assist you until your pet is recovered.
• You will receive one free pet poison control call per year which is a great value in itself.
• Travel assistance - HomeAgain covers up to $500.00 to have your found pet flown home.
• Access your pet's medical history online for important information about vaccinations and current medications.
• 24-hour on-call veterinarian for medical assistance or they will connect you to an emergency veterinarian in your area.
• You will receive a pet ID card and you'll have online access to generate "lost" posters to help with the search.
Increase your pet's chances of being found by microchipping and enrolling in the HomeAgain program.
Call today 609-520-2000 for an appointment to microchip your pet or to scan your adopted or found pet for a microchip.